I’m a writer and photographer in Berlin with a focus on business, technology and innovation. For DLD Media, organizer of the popular DLD conferences, I edit the DLD News website. Previously I was a Senior Editor with WIRED Germany and worked for 16 years as a correspondent in San Francisco, California. Please feel free to get in touch via LinkedIn or send me a message right here.
- Freelance writer and associate editor, DLD News, since 2018
- Senior Editor, WIRED Germany, in Berlin from 2015–2018
- Previously, from 2000–2014 in San Francisco: Technology and business correspondent with Stern magazine
- In addition, writer and photographer for a variety of other publications
- Journalism award (Ernst-Schneider-Preis) for Stern magazine article about the 2008 real estate crisis
- Arthur F. Burns Fellow in 1998 with Wired.com and The Industry Standard in San Francisco
- Gruner+Jahr Journalism School, Hamburg
- Masters in Political Science & English Literature
My images have been published in numerous publications around the globe. Some of them are licensed through dpa Picture Alliance, others you’ll find only here, on my Pictures pages.